TERMS & CONDITIONS
Ballet Sun Valley 2020 Sweepstakes
No purchase necessary (void where prohibited by law). Purchase will not enhance chances of winning.
Ballet Sun Valley 2020 Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Ballet Sun Valley Inc. (the “Sponsor”), administered by Marden-Kane, Inc. (the “Administrator”) and prizes provided by Viking (the “Prize Provider”). For the purposes of the Sweepstakes, the “Sweepstakes Group” is composed of the Sponsor and the Administrator, together with their affiliates and related companies, including without limitation their parent, sister and subsidiary companies, retailers, franchisees, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of material and services related to the Sweepstakes, and any other corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship or other legal entity directly involved in the Sweepstakes and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, and other representatives.
- Eligibility: Open only to persons twenty-one (21) years of age or older who are permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) states of the United States, Washington DC (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. territories and possessions) and who are physically located therein. Sweepstakes void outside the United States (“Entrant”). Employees and directors of Ballet Sun Valley Inc. ("Sponsor"), and their respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and their advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of the households of such employees and directors (whether or not related) are not eligible. By entering, you agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
- Promotion Period: Promotion begins on 8/12/2020 at 12:01 A.M. Mountain Time (“MST”) and ends on 8/20/2020 at 11:59 P.M. MST. Eligible entries must be received by the end of the promotion period.
- How to Enter: Only one entry per person (email address) via either methods of entry, during the duration of the promotion period. An individual meeting the Eligibility Criteria may enter the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period via one of the following methods:
1) register to stream the Ballet Sun Valley Festival 2020 online at www.BALLETSUNVALLEY.BRAND.LIVE No fee to register or stream.
2) register to attend ‘online lawn viewing’ of the Ballet Sun Valley Festival 2020 (August 23, 2020 @ 7pm MST) www.BALLETSUNVALLEY.ORG. No fee to register or attend.
Upon completion and submission of your registration form, and agreeing to abide by these Official rules, you will be entered into the Sweepstakes.
By submitting an Entry, you confirm that you have read, understand and agree to abide by these Official Sweepstakes Rules. Your Entry must adhere to the Eligibility Criteria listed above or your Entry will be void and ineligible for entry into the Sweepstakes.
Entries become the property of Ballet Sun Valley Inc. Entrants will have the opportunity to opt-in to receive email announcements and special offers from Ballet Sun Valley but will always have the opportunity to opt out of marketing emails. Your privacy is important. Ballet Sun Valley does not sell or share your personal information with any other companies for the purposes of marketing or solicitation. Entries must be received by midnight on the final day of the promotion period. Any other attempt at entry is void. No person will be awarded more than one prize. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; any technical error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information.
- Drawing/Odds: There will be three (3) Winners (one (1) Winner per prize – see below for prize detail) for the sweepstakes. Potential Winners (the “Potential Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing conducted by Ballet Sun Valley, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes, from all eligible entries received. The drawing will take place around 8/21/2020. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Potential Grand Prize Winners: in order to be declared a winner, Potential Winner must: (i) complete and return to Sweepstakes Group (or its authorized agent) by the deadline specified in the documents a written affidavit of eligibility (or declaration and release), travel release (winner and Companion) and publicity release form (collectively, the “Release”), releasing the Sweepstakes Group from any liability in connection with this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize; (ii) complete all tax documentation required by the law of the jurisdiction in which the Potential Winner resides (“Tax Documentation”)
Ballet Sun Valley will attempt to notify each Potential Winner a maximum of two times. If a Potential Winner does not respond within four (4) calendar days of first attempt by Sweepstakes Group or its agent, Sweepstakes Group will make a second and final attempt to notify the Potential Winner. Return of any Prize or winner notification as undeliverable, inability to reach a Potential Winner or failure of a Potential Winner to respond to notification within two (2) calendar days of second attempt by Sweepstakes Group or its agent, failure to provide proof of eligibility (if requested), Release documents, Tax Documentation or other required documentation in a timely manner, or other non-compliance with these Official Sweepstakes Rules may result in disqualification, forfeiture of the Prize and, at Sweepstakes Group’s sole discretion, selection of an alternate eligible entrant for the forfeited Prize at random from all remaining eligible Entries received, who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner.
- Three (3) prizes to be awarded:
Grand Prize (the “Grand Prize”): One (1) winner with one Companion (the “Companion”) will win the following:
Grand European River Cruise: a Viking Cruise certificate valid for one Stateroom, up to a Veranda B., double occupancy, cruise only. Cruise includes a 15 day river cruise, included meals, shore excursions and tours. Airfare, transfers, land extensions and cruise tours are not included. Not transferable; no credit will be issued for cruise fares of lesser value; value may not be exchanged for cash. Valued up to $15,998. Valid on available 2021 embarkations only. Blackout dates may apply. Not combinable with any offer or Future Cruise Voucher. Subject to stateroom availability. Must make reservations within 120 days prior to departure. Additional add-ons, such as air, transfers, hotels, etc. are only payable by credit card. Restrictions may apply.
Prize to be fulfilled as a certificate.
First Prize (the “First Prize”) – Two (2) First Prizes to be awarded: One (1) winner with one (1) Companion (the “Companion”) will win the following:
European River Cruise: a Viking cruise certificate valid for one Stateroom, up to a Veranda B., double occupancy, cruise only. Cruise includes an 8 day river cruise, included meals, shore excursions and tours. Airfare, transfers, land extensions and cruise tours are not included. Not transferable; no credit will be issued for cruise fares of lesser value; value may not be exchanged for cash. Valued up to $9,998. Valid on available 2021 embarkations only. Blackout dates may apply. Not combinable with any offer or Future Cruise Voucher. Subject to stateroom availability. Must make reservations within 120 days prior to departure. Additional add-ons, such as air, transfers, hotels, etc. are only payable by credit card. Restrictions may apply.
Prize to be fulfilled as a certificate.
Total average value of all prizes to be awarded: $35,994.
Ballet Sun Valley to pay all taxes associated with the trip on behalf of the Winners.
Prize Terms and Conditions: PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
Certificates will not be refundable or redeemable for cash or credit at any time. Certificates may not be sold to a third party. Prize or any of the above listed components may not be sold, traded, transferred, refunded, substituted, commissioned or redeemed for cash value. Cruise must be completed within the Viking’s 2021 season as published on their website. Go to Viking.com for sailing dates (dates not guaranteed). Sweepstakes Group and Prize Provider will not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by any persons providing any of these services and accommodations necessitated by same.
Sweepstakes Group and Prize Provider will not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or other property of winner or travel Companion. The Prize winner understands and agrees that the Sweepstakes Group and Prize Provider have the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the Prize winner or their travel Companion from any activity at any time without compensation if the Prize winner or their Companion’s behavior at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sweepstakes Group and Prize Provider or otherwise violates the policies of the Sweepstakes Group and Prize Provider.
Actual costs of Prize package components will depend on point of departure, dates of travel and any difference in value will not be provided to Prize winner. Prize winner and Companion must travel together on the same itinerary, and accommodations must be taken by Prize winner and Companion together. Once travel dates have been booked, no extension or substitution of trip dates is permitted, except at Sweepstakes Group’s and Prize Provider’s sole discretion. Once travel has been confirmed, any cancellation or change fees or restructuring of the trip are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner.
Prize winner and Companion are solely responsible for providing all necessary identification documents and will be responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents (i.e., valid passport, visa, etc.) and any fees or expenses associated therewith. Failure to provide such documents may result in trip cancellation upon cruise check-in. The Prize trip conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional conditions, which may be stated in the Release and/or Prize winner's travel documents.
Sweepstakes Group and Prize Provider is not responsible for lost or stolen certificates, tickets, itineraries, or identification, or any other documents or property belonging to Prize winner or Companion during the trip. Prize winner is solely responsible for all other costs, incidentals, and any other expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specifically mentioned as being provided and items not included as part of the winning Prize package. The following are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner and their Companion: travel insurance; laundry service; beverages, unspecified meals; local and long distance telephone calls; merchandise and souvenirs; incidental expenses; additional tips and gratuities; and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein. The Prize winner assumes all responsibility for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the prize that may be sustained by Prize winner or Companion. Prizes are not transferable. Sweepstakes Group and Prize Provider reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable.
By accepting the Prize package, the Prize winner shall release the Sweepstakes Group and Prize Provider from all liability and responsibility for payment of the prize.
- General Conditions: If prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, disqualification will result and an alternate winner will be selected, time permitting. By accepting prize, where permitted by law, winner grants to Sponsor and those acting pursuant to Sponsor’s authority (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) the right to use and publish his/her name, portrait, picture, voice and likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide and on the World Wide Web, without notification, review or approval. Entrants, by participating, release and agree to hold harmless Ballet Sun Valley, Viking and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in this sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- Arbitration/Choice of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the rules of the American Arbitration Association then effective, and (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Sponsor and/or Viking in connection with the sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Idaho, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in Sun Valley, ID.
- Winners List: For the Winners list, available after 8/23/2020 and before 9/30/2020, send an email with your request to: email@example.com.
SPONSOR: Ballet Sun Valley, Inc., PO Box 555, Sun Valley, ID 83353.
ADMINISTRATOR: Marden-Kane, Inc., 575 Underhill Blvd, Suite 222, Syosset, NY 11791.
Viking, their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies, and administrative, advertising, and promotion agencies are not affiliated with or responsible for the administration or execution of this Sweepstakes.
©2020. Marden-Kane, Inc. All rights reserved. These Official Rules may not be copied, edited, or used for any other purpose, commercial or otherwise, without the express written consent of Marden-Kane, Inc.